Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update

So I am convicted of not being very good at blogging lately. All is well with me and the family. Ryan & I managed to both get pink eye, yet avoid passing it to Kayla this spring. I finished my 2nd semester of my counseling program and am in the middle of 6 weeks of summer school now.
(Water park in Arlington Heights, IL)
(Kayla & her cousin @ Nana & DadDad's new place: Sleepy Hollow, IL)
I had an 8 day visit with my family in their new home in Sleepy Hollow in May and in early June, Ryan, Kayla & I spent a week on the beach in Indian Rocks Beach, FL. I'm getting in the groove of summer and enjoy Tuesday mornings at the pool with other moms/kiddos, every other Wed. in a mom's Bible study and every other Friday with moms discussing practical ways to be better 'homemakers' (for lack of a better word).

I am learning the importance of rest/balance between working hard and allowing myself to recover. I lean towards the self-protective bent of not pushing myself "too hard"! booo I guess there are areas I do better at pushing than others (motherhood & school) and areas where I know I need to grow (daily time with God, eating, exercise).

Kayla is lots of fun as a toddler. She has lots of words and is very playful. She loves to "spin around" in circles if you clap for her, to hide and jump out yelling "boo", and to make Ryan and I kiss and hug for her amusement. We play a lot in the ball pit, with her Little People farm animals and books. Lately she's loving the Dr. Suess "ABC Book", a Toddler Bible and Karen Katz anything. It's always fun finding cute little outfits and accessories for her. I'm happy to get her in pig tails recently and the high pony tail is just within reach. :D

I need to go read for my career counseling class and get ready for the 60 minute road trip. Maybe my mom will keep me company on the phone...if not, there is always my Dave Ramsey podcast!

No comments: