Monday, December 11, 2006

Thanksgiving

Sorry it took so long to post these pictures! We had a wonderful visit with Ryan's family over Thanksgiving. His family graciously included me in my first Thanksgiving with them by allowing me to include some of my traditions, like reading scriptures on thankfulness and sharing before dinner what we are thankful for! The meals (we had 2 thanksgiving dinners in Robinson) were delicious. New to me are noodles at the dinner. Even more interesting are nesting the noodles in a pile of mashed potatoes! Long live the starches! :)
Ryan brought his new favorite video game "Guitar Hero" and two guitars so all the family could take turns competing against each other in the Corn basement! :)
For our 2nd Thanksgiving, we went to Chris & Brandi's (Denise's son & daughter-in-law) home and had a great meal and time with lots of little ones! Ryan was enjoying a chance to read to Denise's grandson!
I traveled to Evansville on Saturday to see friends. I hadn't been to Evansville in over two years and was delighted to reunite with my former boss, Sherrianne Standley. We met at USI and she proudly showed me the new campus library, named after the first university president and her first boss at USI. She retires this year and is a proud grandma. We went by her daughter's home and picked up Layton so she could show her off.
After that I went to Turoni's where dear friends came and visited with me. Sarah & Stew Armstrong & their two kids, Chris Bloom, Cheryl and Jeff Folz with their 9 day old little girl!, Rebekah and Ryan Seaton, Cheryl Pfieffer and Leslie Palmer who was home from Madison to see her family.It's hard being so far from such special people in my life, but I am very thankful for opportunities to reconnect from time to time!


No comments: